The Executive Assistant will provide executive support and will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, strong written and verbal communication, administrative, organizational skills, and possesses the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities are essential. The ideal individual will also have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion. Candidates must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment that is mission and results-driven. A strong aptitude for computer and internet technology, along with vendor management is an absolute requirement for this role.
This role will be based in Rochester, NY, and will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer. This role will require close collaboration with other internal and external stakeholders including our board of directors, executive management team, team members, prospective customers, customers and vendors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO & COO, including but not limited to: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the executive’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Works with executive to organize and prioritize their tasks, assisting with or helping to delegate them, ensuring that the executive delivers on commitments.
- Communicates and closely collaborates directly, on behalf of the executives, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the executives, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the executive’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the executives to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the executives updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization.
- Independently oversees special projects for the executives related to the management and operations of the business, some of which may have organizational impact. Critical to this task is independent work effort, proactive learning, critical thinking and problem-solving skills – combined with best-in-class execution.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles all matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to Cerion Nanomaterial Board Members.
- Assists CEO with all vendors and logistics for on-site and off-site board meetings.
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging and meal planning – as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Manage all aspects of the company’s office services. Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures for improved workflow and anticipate future needs as organization grows. Assist in the selection of vendors and purchase equipment, services, and supplies necessary for operation and support of the company.
- Manage information systems operations including hardware, software, desktop support, internal telecommunications, and strategic systems development and planning. Provide leadership to all levels of the organization, to meet their current and future information needs. Supervise IT consultants. Prepare budget recommendations.
- Replenish office materials such as snacks, printer supplies, paper, office supplies, etc.
- Provide event management support – including but not limited to town halls, employee social events, etc.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Process and distribute daily mail.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
- You understand the role of a gatekeeper and are comfortable pushing back on others when needed.
- You have a demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion and sensitivity.
- You are the consummate professional, with high emotional intelligence, though you don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively identifies problems and opportunities.
- You are proactive in problem solving, with strong decision-making capability.
- You have a strong attention to detail, an ability to multi-task.
- You enjoy finding ways to make things more efficient and automated.
- You are by nature, intellectually curious.
- Your default is to over communicate when coordinating between parties, and to always close the loop.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility outside work hours for urgent / time sensitive tasks.
- Does not engage in office politics.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong work tenure, with 5 to 10 years of executive assistance experience in a commercial setting
- Must demonstrate an intermediate or greater level of proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat and social media platforms.
- Must demonstrate a strong aptitude for technology, with an ability to learn and accel at using various on-line and off-line software programs.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Market-based compensation
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental benefits
- Short-term disability, long-term disability coverage and life insurance
- Generous paid time-off benefits including vacation, paid time off and holidays
- Non-matching 401K
Candidate Review, Selection and Hiring Process:
At Cerion Nanomaterials, we believe in a fully transparent hiring process, and work to quickly locate and hire talent based on business needs. The anticipated hiring process for this position is as follows:
- Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “GA210323 – Executive Assistant.”
- Extra Credit: What do you predict is the next number? 4, 2, 3, 7, 2, 3, 4, ?
- This job posting will be provisionally held open for up to 30 days, though it may be extended or shortened, depending on the quantity and quality of respondents. You may check the current status of a job posting at any time by visiting cerionnano.com/careers/.
- Each candidate application is thoroughly reviewed. All applicants will receive a response informing them if their application has been withdrawn from consideration or is proceeding to the next stage of review. Due to the volume of applications we receive for each job posting, we are unable to provide specific feedback on individual resumes or our evaluation of them.
- We strive to respect your time and hire the best talent on the quickest timeline possible. Select candidates should expect a series of phone interviews, with final candidates selected for in-person meetings by video conference and / or at Cerion Nanomaterial’s headquarters in Rochester, NY. When applicable for the role, all reasonable airfare and hotel accommodation for these meetings is paid for by the company.
About Cerion Nanomaterials
Cerion is a leader in the science of designing, scaling and manufacturing metal, metal oxide and ceramic nanomaterials for companies developing products or systems.
The cost of developing in-house advanced expertise in nanomaterials is prohibitively expensive and time intensive, resulting in a significant barrier to entry for companies considering its adoption. Cerion provides companies with access to this expertise through all phases of their product lifecycle including applied research, development, scale-up, commercialization and manufacturing. This allows companies to remain focused on what they do best – advancing the development and delivery of their product, while Cerion stays focused on providing the custom designed nanomaterials necessary to create new product performance, get to market quickly and cost-effectively.
Cerion’s position in the market is enabled by three strategic competitive advantages: deep and demonstrated capability in a) precision design and customization of both nanoparticle size and technical attributes, b) robust processes to scale materials from prototype to low and high-volume production rates, and c) industry-leading, cost-effective manufacturing systems and production capacities.
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Cerion Nanomaterials, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Cerion Nanomaterials believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.