This temporary-to-hire Chemical Laboratory Technician position will have responsibilities within Cerion’s high energy milling and research development areas, working closely with both the research, development and manufacturing teams. The individual will participate in basic research, along with the scale-up of chemical and milling processes from laboratory scale to pre-manufacturing equipment. Responsibilities will involve basic laboratory procedures including setting up chemical experiments, building and operating pilot scale process equipment, recording and organizing data, and collecting and analyzing samples. We are seeking an individual with the flexibility to both work on the bench and to perform some physical tasks within the lab and to set up and run scale-up equipment.
The ideal candidate has a background in science and/or engineering with hands-on experience working in a laboratory setting. This candidate must be able to work independently, as well as, collaboratively, with great attention to detail and the ability to multitask. This role will be based in Rochester, NY.
- Set up and conducting of chemical processes, including: weighing of chemicals, chemical reactions, drying, grinding, milling, sieving of samples and various analytical testing
- Practice safe chemical handling and operation of small-scale reactors, scale-up equipment and distillation columns
- Loading and unloading glassware and mechanical equipment (up to 50 lbs. lifting)
- Maintain a clean lab space and equipment
- Keep accurate records and data for projects, including some statistical analysis
- Utilize troubleshooting skills and initiate follow-up and corrective actions as necessary
- Participate in, and complete, company-required safety and training programs
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs,) properly wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) and follow all safety and company policies at all times
- Perform other duties as required
- Work individually and on teams
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, including Project and Excel.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Organize workload in a manner that maximizes work efficiency without sacrificing quality
- Ability to perform physical labor (up to 50 lbs. lifting)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Preferred attributes:
- Experience working with chemicals and analytical methods
- Experience with use of glove box is desirable
- Experience with basic mechanical and electrical tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, wiring)
- Minimum Associate Degree in science-related discipline (science, applied science, chemistry, engineering, etc.), or specialized experience in related field is preferred
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in laboratory science is desired
Candidate Review, Selection and Hiring Process
At Cerion Nanomaterials, we believe in a fully transparent hiring process, and work to quickly locate and hire talent based on business needs. The anticipated hiring process for this position is as follows:
- Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the following subject line: “HR: T201216 Laboratory Technician.”
This job posting will be provisionally held open for up to 30 days, though it may be extended or shortened, depending on the quantity and quality of respondents. You may check the current status of a job posting at any time by visiting (https://cerionnano.com/careers/).
- Each candidate application is thoroughly reviewed. All applicants will receive a response informing them if their application has been withdrawn from consideration or is proceeding to the next stage of review. Due to the volume of applications we receive for each job posting, we are unable to provide specific feedback on individual resumes or our evaluation of them.
- Candidates progressing to the secondary stage of review will be requested to contact a Cerion-designated, 3rd party staffing affiliate who will facilitate the next steps of the hiring process.
About Cerion Nanomaterials
Cerion is a leader in the science of designing, scaling and manufacturing metal, metal oxide and ceramic nanomaterials for companies developing products or systems.
The cost of developing in-house advanced expertise in nanomaterials is prohibitively expensive and time intensive, resulting in a significant barrier to entry for companies considering its adoption. Cerion provides companies with access to this expertise through all phases of their product lifecycle including applied research, development, scale-up, commercialization and manufacturing. This allows companies to remain focused on what they do best – advancing the development and delivery of their product, while Cerion stays focused on providing the custom designed nanomaterials necessary to create new product performance, get to market quickly and cost-effectively.
Cerion’s position in the market is enabled by three strategic competitive advantages: deep and demonstrated capability in a) precision design and customization of both nanoparticle size and technical attributes, b) robust processes to scale materials from prototype to low and high-volume production rates, and c) industry-leading, cost-effective manufacturing systems and production capacities.
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Cerion Nanomaterials, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Cerion Nanomaterials believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.